Introducing new software to an organization requires careful planning and consideration. We have helped more than 1,400 companies successfully adopt the system through training and effective communication. A major part of using Aladtec is properly introducing employees to the system. In this article we will describe what we have seen work well and a few important tips to get started. Don’t forget, we are here to help so don’t hesitate to give us a call. 888-749-5550
Step 1 - Learn and Configure the System
If you have not received training on using the system, please contact Aladtec so we can discuss your system’s configuration and verify it is setup properly to suit your needs. We will also designate additional training for any other administrators if needed. In most cases, an hour of training over the phone will be sufficient to understand and administer the Aladtec system.
Every person who needs access to the system must be entered into the Member Database. Provide Aladtec a spreadsheet of employee names and data and we will import this information into the Member Database. This is an excellent opportunity to collect and verify all pertinent information about employees.
Step 2 - Fill out the Schedule
When it’s time for members to begin logging in, they must see they are on the schedule. This allows employees the opportunity to learn how to interact with the system. Utilize Repeats and Rotations to add members to the schedule in patterns or add members daily via the Hourly Editor if there isn’t a pattern.
Step 3 - Instruct Employees to Login
Communicating as clearly as possible how members login and what they need to do is crucial to a smooth rollout. Provide emails or handouts that list mandatory instructions. Here is a sample template:
We are implementing a new system to manage our schedule and other relevant information. It is mandatory you login and complete the below steps by [date]. If you have any problems, please call [Administrators Contact Info].
- Go to www.aladtec.com/yoursystemname
- Username: firstname+lastname (example: John Smith’s login would be “johnsmith”)
- Password: firstname+lastname
- Change your Password
- Verify your phone number and select your mobile phone provider
- Verify Email Address
- Verify all other information is correct
- Click Save
Additional Information to Consider
- Establish a “go live date” and stick to it. It’s important to completely discontinue using any old system or spreadsheet for scheduling. We understand the hesitation but from experience, it’s double work that is unnecessary. Inefficient and old habits will hinder the transition and discourage adoption. Out with the old and in with the new!
- Designate a primary administrative contact to answer questions from members.
- Aladtec’s support is exceptional - use it. If you spend more than 10 minutes trying to figure out something, stop, and call Support. We want to hear from you.
Let us Help
We talk with customers all the time with one person managing all schedules, trades, time off and signups for their members. With Aladtec, the ownership is on the members while you oversee everything. Let us help you through the process. email@example.com 888-749-5550