iCal is a popular calendar app found in Mac OS X. If you are an iCloud or Google Calendar user, it can subscribe to Internet calendars as well as keep local calendars on your computer. If you use an iOS device like an iPhone, iPad or even an iPod Touch, through Apple's free iCloud service, you can have all of your calendars synced "in the cloud." The same goes for Google Calendar users on Android devices.
First things first, log in to your Aladtec online employee scheduling system and go to your My Schedule page. You will find this under Work Schedule tab. At the bottom of the page, you will see an info box that looks something like this:
For iCal in OS X:
- Launch iCal on your computer (see Pic 1)
- From the File menu, select "New Calendar Subscription" (see Pic 2)
- From the subscribe window, paste the previously highlighted URL and click on "Subscribe" (see Pic 3)
- On the next window, you can set the auto-refresh rate, the location and alert settings. I would suggest changing this to "Every Day" if it is not already (see Pic 4)
If you have iCloud set up to sync across your iOS devices, your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch will have this calendar automatically appear on your device when you select the location "iCloud." For information on how to directly add your work schedule to your iOS device, check out this blog entry.
For Google Calendar:
- Log in to your Google account and click Calendar on the menu bar.
- On the left-hand side, click on Other calendars and select "Add by URL"
- Paste the URL you copied from My Schedule here and click "Add Calendar"
- Google Calendar will auto-refresh so your calendar will stay current
- One neat function of Google Calendar is the option to set event reminders. Using event reminders, you can select a default reminder before each event. You can set up your mobile phone to receive a text notification as well as receiving an email from this page.
If you have an Android device that is synced to your Google account, this calendar will automatically appear on your device.
Furthermore, if you use Microsoft Outlook or Yahoo! Calendar or any other type of calendar app, adding your EMS Manager, FIRE Manager or Zanager work schedule should have a similar process as one of the examples above. And as usual, if you have any questions about adding your work schedule to your personal calendar app, please feel free to contact Customer Service at (888) 749-5550 or at email@example.com.